- Computational Social Science
- Critical Data Studies
- Data Science
- Economics and Information
- Education Technology
- Ethics, Law and Policy
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Human-Robot Interaction
- Incentives and Computation
- Infrastructure Studies
- Interface Design and Ubiquitous Computing
- Natural Language Processing
- Network Science
- Social Computing and Computer-supported Cooperative Work
- Technology and Equity
Note: Students will not be allowed to double major in ISST and CS or ISST and ORIE. In addition, ISST majors will not be allowed to minor in CS.
Regular affiliation with the ISST major
- Students in the College of Engineering who are interested in affiliating with the ISST major should fill out the appropriate affiliation forms to be turned into 110H Gates Hall.
- In order to affiliate with the ISST major, students must meet the criteria for admission to the major.
Internal transfer from another Cornell college to the ISST major
- Students who want to transfer from another college at Cornell in order to major in ISST in the College of Engineering should contact the Internal Transfer Division in 220 Computing & Communications Center (CCC) Hall.
- Inform current advisor of intent to transfer, and email the ISST Undergraduate Coordinators.
- In order to apply for affiliation with the ISST major, you will need to fill out the appropriate affiliation forms and turn them in to 110H Gates Hall.
- In order to affiliate with the IS major, students must meet the criteria for admission to the major.
External transfer to Cornell from a different institution
- Students who would like to transfer from a college or university outside Cornell to the ISST major in the College of Engineering should view the College of Engineering's transfer admission website.
All potential affiliates are reviewed on a case-by-case basis relative to the following criteria:
- At least a C in two of: MATH 2940, CS 2110, and ENGRD 2700. Courses must be taken for a letter grade.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.3 in all completed Engineering Mathematics, Engineering Distribution, and ISST major courses.
- Qualifying courses must be taken at Cornell.
- Courses used to meet affiliation criteria may be repeated if the original course grade does not meet admission standards. The higher grade will be used for all repeated courses.